Thursday, February 14, 2008

Eastern Caribbean Marital Magic Cruise

Ok, So... I have never before been on vacation, until now. This was the most incredible week I can remember having in a long time. We sailed out of Miami on the Freedom of the Seas, Royal Caribbean's biggest ship. I was a first time cruiser and may be hooked forever.
Rock climbing was a blast. Ross conquered his fear and went up the wall a couple of times too, but I guess I didn't get any pictures of that. Below is Ross at a Fort in Puerto Rico. He admits that if he could have swaped me out for Collin for the hour we were there he would have liked that. They've been reading all kinds of sailing books and other stories from this time period, no doubt Collin would have loved the fort. Both, Ross and I loved Old San Juan. It reminded me a lot of Spain.
Here we are sailing out on a private boat to James Island to go snorkeling. It was fabulous. We saw stingray, and many other fish.
Before we got out of Miami we visited an alligator preserve of sorts. I'm holding the baby alligator, Snappy. We also tried alligator nuggets. Anything fried tastes good, right? They were ok but chewy.

Formal night on the boat. I wish we had some pictures with some of the other couples joining us on this Marital Magic advenure. We enjoyed visiting with so many good people who participated in this event. The speakers were great. The seminars inspiring. When are we going again?

Ok, but this was the REAL highlight. Surfing! I've always wanted to surf. I still want to try it in the ocean for real but this was good practice. I guess we don't have any video of my many falls and wipeouts. I came home with a sore butt from falling so much. If you ever get a chance to try the flowrider, don't pass it by. I missed the kids at this time thinking they would really like to try this. I also knew it would be fun to have my dad, sisters and brother-in-laws. They would love this!

3 comments:

Hama Roska said...

That looks like so much fun! I'm glad you were able to get away and have a vacation.

You both look great!

Hama Roska said...

That looks like a ton of fun. I'm glad you were able to get away and enjoy a vacation.

You both look great.

Stacey Fam said...

I like that color of pink on you!