Sunday, April 11, 2010

Little Wild Horse Canyon

I love to try new things! When I get to do something I've never done before I'm happy. And I've been really wanting some happy lately.
This has got to be one of the coolest hikes I've ever been on. Too bad I didn't get any pictures of the kids, or adults, maneuvering hands on one side of the canyon and feet on the other side.

A few spots had water that we carried the kids over. For the most part the kids didn't even know they were hiking as long as they were bouldering over rocks and climbing in narrow crevices.

Our neighbors have 6 kids, the husband is taking the picture and he must have the baby on his back, so those are the two not in the picture. I would NEVER have been able to do this without them. And I'm SO GLAD we did. Overall it ended up an 8 mile hike, whew! The kids really did love it. I'm in heaven, still. We didn't really plan to be on vacation together, but this family was at the same campground we were. They came over to our site and we roasted hot dogs and marshmallows together. I don't even want to go hiking or camping now unless we can invite some friends along. They are the reason we could do this awesome hike. I don't think I could say thank you enough for letting us come along, and then carrying us when we needed it most.

1 comment:

Ash said...

I'm actually jealous of your trip. It looks like so much fun. I hope we can come someday. My kids are just so much younger. oh well. That april fools joke is funny. He was getting you back for the brownies from last year.