Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Talent Show Dilemma

Breanne has a dilemma.

Next week during music class she has a talent show. The flyer that came home says she can play the piano, or another instrument, tell a joke, show a picture or craft of her own making, bring in a certificate of something she's accomplished, or even show a home video or dvd of her participating in something, like training the family pet.

The possiblities abound--but that's the problem. She even told me. "I have so many talents I just don't know what I'm going to share." I found her awake at 9:30 pm putting the finishing touches on her unique artwork.

"Yes, that's true. You do have SO MANY talents. I'm not sure what you're going to share either, sweetheart, but you'll have to think about it while your sleeping and get some rest."

Can you promise to have this problem when you're in 6th grade?

No comments: