Thursday, September 11, 2008

Never Forget vs. "Forgive and Forget"

Ok, I’ve read a few posts on remembering 9/11 today. All of them have been very thoughtful and heart stirring. I included links here if you are interested.

The first is Emily from Light Refreshments Served. This is a wise woman with grown children and a great deal of life experience.


The second is Kristy also from Light Refreshments Served. I've only been reading this blog for a few weeks but her posts are geniune and usually make me laugh. Of course, today's is serious, but I did cry reading it.


And the third is Cheryl. She goes by Bored in Vernal (BIV) as her pen name. She thrives on being at the edge of controversial, but is thoughtful and enlightening.


The first two are stirring, somewhat emotional thoughts that I might expect from people I know. (I've never met any of these ladies, but I am enjoying getting to know them through stalking their blogs, if that's what you call it.) The third, in some ways says the opposite of the other two, but only in that “you can tell this lady has lived out of the country and has a world view of people much greater than mine” kind of way.

If you’ve got the time read them and let me know what you think. Each has merit. For example, Emily quotes the prophet, Kristy’s made me cry, and well, Cheryl has me thinking much larger. I think it’s worth your time if you have a few minutes. Then let me know what you think.

3 comments:

Clean Cut said...

I actually enjoyed all three. They each made different points. I'm actually the one BIV quoted in her post. It made me realize that my post, "I Won't Forget", could be understood other ways, so I made a clarification. I love people who get you thinking and reflecting!

When I think of the lessons of September 11th, I think of the price of freedom. I think of heroes. I don't think of the terrorists that much, actually, but I do acknowledge that there is evil in the world. But I don't go so far as to blame a whole nation, or to even say that our nation can do no wrong in how it has responded. I speak only of not forgetting the past, a day that changed us as an American people.

The Barbers said...

I appreciate 9/11 reminders. As one of the ladies said, sometimes I forget. It's not the hate and fear that I remember. I want to remember lives changed. And continue to change my own having been reminded that we just don't know when our time here will end.

Bored in Vernal said...

Thanks for your kind words. I enjoyed reading the other posts, too, including Clean Cut's. The different perspectives were very thought-provoking.