Thursday, October 16, 2008

Kindergarten Rocks

As the mother of a 5th grader, 2nd grader and kindergardener I have to say, I love kindergarten. Does life really get any better than kindergarten? Anyone remember when they were good at everything? Back when you could sing and dance, paint, and draw? I don't just mean they made time for it in school or that they let you do it, I mean you thought you were good at it. Just like you were good at everything you did.

It must happen sometime this year or next and I'm cringing for when it comes. Oh, please can Kindergarten last a little longer with this child? Can she believe in herself and her ability to do everything for just a little longer?

When asked her favorite subject Breanne said, "Math." How long can that possibly last? I know there are people out there who love math and who major in it and stuff, I'm just not friends with any of them. Which will go first? My daughter's love of math or our relationship? Please don't tell me they both go. Please!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe us adults need to fingerpaint more. We could all use a little Kindergarten every now and then.

Jessica said...

I love math. Have always loved math, and was great at it all through school. Instead of fearing...go get Danica McKellar's book, "Kiss My Math." While I will agree that the title is a tad sassy...her motto is "Cute and Smart is better than Cute and dumb." Maybe you secretly love math and you just don't know it. Also, and I recognize she is in kindergarten, but in 20 years...she will be outnumbered by all those fantastic smart guys. Oh, and there is a book called "Family Math" that is filled with great family math games...woo hoo!!

Tavia said...

I'm a math NERD! I love the stuff, even to the point that I ask people if I can tutor them. Seriously, are we still friends? So hopefully, you can have your beautiful relationship and she can still like Math. I probably ended up where I am today because I loved Math and Science. It was only later in life that I learned to love English and the arts (probably because I wasn't a natural at those).