Saturday, January 17, 2009

Enlivening

Enlivening. Is that a word? Today I went snowshoeing and the only word I can come up with to describe it is enlivening. Ok, I could use words like recharged, one with nature, awakened, and they each nearly describe my experience in the mountains today. But the word I like best to describe how I felt at the top of the crest, is enlivened.

Why? Because I've been struggling. This week several times I've burst into tears in the middle of the day and I have to talk myself into getting it together again. Sometimes I have a few days like this in a row. For whatever reason, I struggle right now with just about everything about my life. Yes, my horrible hormones play a role. Yes, I know we have to endure hard things to become stronger. Yes, I know some people have lives with worries much greater than mine. But...this week I felt like I'm struggling to survive. I'm guessing you've had days or weeks like this too. Many of you know what it's like to ache, and worry and struggle with painful emotions. I know you do.

Well, I'm giving you permission (as if you needed my permission) to do something that will ENLIVEN you. I don't know what your thing is, but you probably do. And if you don't know what your thing is, I'll recommend mine.

Go out in nature, get your blood pumping, talk to a friend and enjoy the beauty around you, because you know what...being alive and enjoying it feels great!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Jenn:

You are so awesome. I'm so glad you went snowshoeing. I've still never been, but your blog helps me better understand why my husband loves it so much (and why he wants to go every day he doesn't work). If you ever need help getting it back together, give me a call. It always helps me to talk to someone when I'm trying to get it back together. I miss talking to you (and running or doing a triathlon or going to pump with you)!

Natalie said...

thanks for sharing that. you are such an amazing person

Jenn said...

Julia,
I miss you too. Thanks!
Natalie,
Thank you!