Thursday, March 19, 2009

Let Me Just Tell You How NOT to Do It.

Does anyone hate learning this way as much as I do?

It bugs me that I have to learn how to do things by screwing them up. I know intellectually that that's how we learn, but I can still be bugged, can't I?

I also understand that we can learn from others mistakes. If we don't learn from what other people are doing than we'd have to make all the mistakes ourselves, right? Well, let me help you out.

Don't peel and shred potatoes and then leave them overnight in the fridge before cooking them.

Ok, I knew they might turn brown but I sort of thought if I added creamy soup and ham, and then covered them well in the fridge they'd be ok for baking the next day. NO!

If you would like to eat grey-black potatoes than you should do what I did. I can't say I've ever eaten black potatoes before this. Yes, I ate them! In fact, I liked them. Now, if I could have gotten any of my family to taste them I'd have other witnesses. No way. Nobody would touch them.

Anybody have other learning experiences to share with me, so that I don't have to make that mistake either?

No comments: