Thursday, November 19, 2009

Our Christmas Card This Year

Before blogging and facebook I used to send out Christmas cards. I don't do that anymore. Now (theoretically) I keep in touch with people I love all year round. Instead of sending out family photos you can look at the blog side bar or just click on my facebook profile and see recent and old pictures.

But, I used to send out greetings about how good my life was and why everyone should be jealous of my awesome life and my amazingly talented, and very good looking children.

Now I know better. Well, hopefully I'm learning.

This has been (I know everyone already knows) a really hard year.

Recently at Time Out For Women in Salt Lake. Wendy Watson Nelson (wife of Elder Nelson) spoke about what she wished was on her Christmas card. And she said it wouldn't be all that flowery foo-foo that she was tired of reading in her friends' cards. It comes instead from the words of the apostle Paul in 2 Corinthians 4:8-9.

I hope you'll consider this your Christmas card as well.

8 We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
9 Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;

Like Paul we know where to look for redemption and we continue to put our faith (in the best way we know how) in Jesus. God Bless. Wishing you the best in your journey as well.

No comments: