Tuesday, December 16, 2008

12 Days of Christmas

First and Second Days
Third and Fourth Days


We have a secret friend who is bringing us the 12 days of Christmas. Is that the coolest thing ever, or what?

Not until today did I realize there IS a rhyme and reason to the gifts they bring. Can you figure it out?

Today the note on the turkey breast said, "One the fourth day of Christmas my secret friend gave to me...think birds." It was then that we went back to the other gifts and realized.
The first day they brought sparkling pear juice. The second day two dove ice creams. The third day, French vanilla cocoa, and the fourth day, turkey, which I'm sure will make a much better dinner than say, calling birds.

In case our secret friend reads the blog, Thank you! You have brought us Christmas cheer. I can hardly wait to continue the tradition someday in the future for another family. You have already made our season, "Merry and Bright."

4 comments:

Tavia said...

I get it...very cute (bird, french, doves, pear, etc.) . That will be very fun. Keep posting the pics!

Crystal said...

That's fun. How nice! :)

Natalie said...

what a creative idea -- i bet you are loving it!

Natalie said...

Hey, I'm blogstocking you. You can check mine too. That is so fun! I remember when I lived at home and we had a secret friend do something similar for us and it really brightened our holidays too. Merry Christmas!