Friday, April 17, 2009

Something Good Out of Something Bad

We got home from visiting Courtney the other day and found that we had left the bread open while we were gone. I was immediately disappointed by the thought of stale bread.
The kids knew I was disappointed, but Collin didn't take long to say,

"Oh, well. You can make french toast with it."
Me: "Oh, that's a great idea. I didn't think of that, but I like the way you're thinking."
Collin: "Well, ya' know, mom, you can always make something good out of something bad."

This thought had me baffled really, because I immediately thought of more than just bread.
Me: "When did you become so wise?"
Collin: "I read it in a book somewhere, but I'm pretty sure it's true."

I did make french toast the next day and it was great! I'll be making french toast out of my life for awhile, I think.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

I love that!

Ash said...

Way to go Moores! I like that.

Molly said...

THanks for being an inspiration in my life Jenn. You're awesome in SOOOOO SOOOOO SOOOOOOOOO many ways. I think I'm needing to make some french toast too!