Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Collin Receives His Arrow of Light


Hooray for Collin (and his great scout leaders). Tonight he received Cub scouting's highest award, the Arrow of light.

This is what one of his great leaders had to say about Collin moving out of webelos to boy scouts, "I will really miss Collin. He was such a great kid. He always worked so hard and got along so well with all the other boys in the group. I have really enjoyed getting to have him in Webelos and I hope that he will go onto enjoy his experiences in scouting." That's high praise, I thought, and absoultely music to my ears.

After three years of Pack meetings and watching others receive their award, it was finally Collin's turn. I'm so glad that he finished the requirements for this. I thought we get a little break, because Connor enters cub scouts in February. But, oh no, we can start working on boy scout achievements now.

It's a great program. I love it!

3 comments:

The Michiganders said...

I am so loving being the mom aof a little boy. I look forward to days like this one.

Thanks for you r comments on my blog. I love being able to stay in better touch. Wish we lived closer and could take you up on those swim lessons. Meghan would love it. She can't get enough pool time.

Unknown said...

Congratulations Collin! How awesome!

Tavia said...

Way to go, Collin! Keep up the good work and you'll have your Eagle scout in no time. Ha!