Thursday, August 21, 2008

I blog because I don't go to enough dinner parties

To understand this title you've got to click on the video below.

Thanks to Jason Adams for sharing this Brian Reagan clip about the ME monster. I laughed so hard. I know you may think he's making fun of me, but I actually thought of about 100 other people who really need to see this. If you can think of someone who needs to see this you may want to share it with them too. But, never me, ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ogZo9YreQ4

You may also want to check out Jason's wise comments here: http://thriveblogging.com/archives/145#comments

I'm so glad he shared this! I want to be like Jason when I grow up too, and now I'm not being sarcastic because he really is one of the most humble guys I know.

6 comments:

Jamee said...

Bring on the Brian Regan! He sees the social world so clearly :). And- for the record- I never thought of sending it to you. You are one of the few attentive listeners left. Love your blog- thanks for putting your value out there!

Jenn said...

Thanks Jamee. I guess we must think self-deprecating humor is valuable.

Molly said...

Oh no. I think I'm one of those people you wanted to share this with......but did I ever tell you that I did have all 4 wisdom teeth removed plus two extra teeth on the side of my jaw that were surrounded by a nerve that would've made the right side of my face numb if they had nicked the nerve?

Just in case we ever get into a wisdom tooth war, you'll know what you're up against ;)

Jenn said...

I've never heard your wisdom teeth story. You win! (except, I am the donut bike champion)

I think I only made the 100 people to share it with comment because that's the true indicator for me that I really need to listen--when I think everyone else does. Except for when I think it's really good advice for Ross. That's when he needs it most and I don't.

Jason said...

Jenn, I have said it before and I am sure I will say it again and again, you always make me think and laugh. It is truly a gift to be thought provoking while promoting burst out laughter fits in those that read your stuff. Now that is what I call real value creation.

So Jenn, I have one question. How does it work out if you are trying to grow up to be like me while I'm trying to grow up to be like you? Does that mean you'll end up being more like you in the end? ;) I guess that's one of the best things about providing real value for others; it always comes back to you somehow.

Jason said...

Jenn, like I said earlier, I was inspired while reading your blog last night. So inspired that I created my own post called This Is Inspiring Stuff about your blog and the value you create.

Though I know you have already seen the post, I thought it would be nice for your faithful readers to have a link to it. Not because I wrote it, but because it is about you and they love you. I am sure they will agree that your blog is inspiring.

Thanks for not going to dinner parties so you have the time to blog!