Monday, August 18, 2008

When I grow up I want to be like Dara Torres

It's true! I look to Dara and her amazing Olympic swimming performance and I'm awe inspired. The fact that she is faster than ever at 41 years old is absolutely unheard of. If anyone can help me find the child inside of me it's Dara. When I saw her swim on Saturday I felt like a kid thinking "I want to do that!" "Can I be like her when I grow up?"


Now that I'm old enough to know better I know that I don't want to do what it takes to swim in the Olympics. So what do I mean when I say I want to be like Dara?


1. I want to be in the best physical shape of my life when I'm 41.


2. I want to follow my dreams.


3. I want to continue to get better with age.


4. I want to not be stopped by people who say, "You're silly, Grow up."


5. I want to be a mom who loves my children and teaches them to swim.


6. I want to inspire others to be their best self.


7. I want my own massage therapists and stretching coaches :) I had to throw that in.


I thought these articles were interesting, though, I'm still taking a different view. Go Dara!


http://www.usnews.com/blogs/on-women/2008/7/30/dara-torress-abs-and-the-average-womans-body-image.html


http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/07/29/olympic-abs-versus-simple-fitness/

1 comment:

Molly said...

I have no doubt that if you put your mind to it, you'd be there Jenn. I'd love to cheer you on!! I think the gold medal might pale in comparison to the Tour de Donut trophy. ;)