Thursday, September 17, 2009

Our Junk Yard Visit

We did it! We made our first ever trip to the junk yard. The story is now complete.

Sometime after Collin ripped the old visor off I got good advice from a friend not to go to the dealer for a new one. Going to the junk yard wasn't something I was looking forward to, in fact, I came really close to pawning this responsiblity off to Papa or anyone else willing to take it.

Someone suggested, though, that I may benefit just as much as Collin by doing the hard thing that I didn't really want to do. So off we went today to face our fear, rise to the challenge, complete the story together. You get the idea. (Did I build the drama well enough?)

The irony. Collin picked a visor from the driver side instead of the passenger side and I let him. Well, I argued with him some, but we were both ready to have this over with. I didn't think it would be the right shape, but it fits. The mirror unfortunately won't face out so that you can use it. When the visor is up the mirror faces the ground, and when the visor is down the mirror faces the windshield. I can't decide if he got his $16 worth or not.

So maybe I get a C- today. I guess with a few A days and a few C days it all rounds out to about B+ anyway, don't you think?

2 comments:

Carol said...

I say an A+ is due any time you face a fear. Way to go!

Tavia said...

That's awesome. I have a secret desire to visit the junkyard, and I'm not really looking for anything. Guess I'm IDAHO through and through. LOL