Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Proud Mom Moment

Today I was touched by the sincerity and strength of my 8-year old son. Here are just a few of his words from his talk today in Primary. His topic was fasting, and his testimony of this principle is personal and sincere.

He talked about how fasting without prayer is starving. He also shared a scripture in Matthew 6:16-18. Then he gave his personal example and testimony. He does not doubt the existence of God or His awareness of him.

"Since I was baptized in February, I’ve tried to fast on Fast Sunday. During that time I have also prayed very hard for my family. My mom explained to me that Heavenly Father doesn’t always answer our prayers in the way we want. I have been praying for my mom and dad and I have fasted for them. I know that my fasting has blessed my family. Heavenly Father answers my prayers. I feel very grateful.
I want to end by bearing my testimony…
I believe the church is true. I know Heavenly Father answers my prayers. It has happened almost immediately for me. I know that President Monson is a true prophet and that it’s the right thing to listen to him. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

I was especially grateful for a phone call tonight from one of the primary teachers who heard Connor speak. He wanted me to know that he was touched by the sincerity of his talk and that he too knew that God had answered his prayers. Connor smiled from ear to ear as we listened to the message. And so we relive this moment over and over. A small proud mom moment worth remembering.

No comments: