Friday, March 7, 2008

Blessings

If ever I enjoyed a child's prayer I enjoyed Breanne's this morning. It is sacred but I want to share it because it uplifts me and reminds me of all I have to be grateful for. I think it may touch you too.

This was not a rote memorized word prayer that my children give sometiems. This one was thoughtful and heartfelt. She was truly grateful and you could tell in the way she spoke.

"Heavenly Father, I am thankful for the spirit in our house. I'm thankful that I could go to swim practice with Connor last night. I'm thankful for the beautiful, sunny day. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

I'm thankful for all these things too! And especially that I get to be their mom!

1 comment:

The Barbers said...

What a sweet prayer!
I didn't know that you had a blog. I can't tell you how much I love blogging myself! I'll send our blog address if you are interested!