Thursday, March 27, 2008

Finding a Husband--My Five Year old's Perspective

Breanne and I were on our way to take lunch to a friend today.

In the car out of nowhere she said, "I'm going to have to travel the world to find a husband someday."
And I said, "Oh really, why?"
"Because I want to find somebody like daddy."
"Like daddy, why?"
"Two reasons," she says with giggles, "First I want to find someone who pinches your butt when he kisses you like Daddy does to you. And second, someone who is silly with their kids, like Daddy is to us."

There's no question in my mind that Breanne adores her daddy. This comes just days after family night when she declared her dad, "The Best Daddy Ever."

1 comment:

Molly said...

Knowing that you are working on your inner-personal trials seems to be so miniscule in comparison now to knowing that your husband pinches your butt when you kiss. I feel like I need to cover my eyes just reading the entry. ;)

Thanks for being a good friend Jenn.