Monday, March 24, 2008

CreationTree Coaching Marriage Retreat

Wow! I spent an awesome weekend listening to great speakers from CreationTree Coaching at the Homestead Resort. Can you believe I forgot to get a picture of Ross? He even asked me to take his picture and I forgot because I was so enthralled in what he was saying. Anyway, this picture is of one of my other favorite speakers, Darren Johansen. Out of the eight or so speakers I think Darren's words might have been the ones I needed to hear the most. I probably can't effectively summarize what he said, but I can tell you how it's helping me. Maybe in another post I'll summarize some of the other great things I learned from the other coaches because they were all really were good!

First, much of Darren's information is based on ideas from the authors of Leadership and Self-deception, Bonds of Anguish Bonds of Love by Terry Warner, and The Peacegiver by James Ferrell, all incredible books. All have concepts that are helping me to change the way I interact with people.

Darren has a great presentation style that was funny and energetic. He also spoke from his heart about how learning from one of these authors through personal interaction changed his own thinking. I think most impressive of all is that from the few interactions I've had with Darren before this event I know he lives what he teaches. His concern for people is evident by who he is, and that's what I want to create.

Darren, thank you. I will continue to work on treating people, especially my spouse, with the love, patience, forgiveness, and desire for his best good, that you have again taught me. And I will add your quote from Goethe to my own quotes. It's the first.

No comments: