Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Case of the disappearing pants

Every kid should have more than two pair of school pants. I just learned this today, the hard way. Maybe not even every kid, but at least Connor should. Connor wears a uniform to school and he has two pair of uniform pants. I figure he grows out of them so fast I don't want to buy more until I buy the next size, right? Plus, I do laundry every Monday and every Thursday and this works out fine because he can wear the same pants two or three days in a row without much dirt accumulating.
The problem came today when he couldn't find one pair. They've disappeared. The only pair we can find are the ones with a whole in the crotch. I don't even own a sewing machine. So instead of going to school on time I drove him to Target and then to Sears to pick up a pair of navy pants. Neither store has his size in stock. They don't have anything in fact in size 6, 8, or 10. No khaki either. I've ordered Connor some new pants from frenchtoast that will arrive next week sometime. Until then I guess he'll be wearing the high waters that we retired long before Christmas. Oh, dear.

1 comment:

Ash said...

You are the regular poster here! Good job. I enjoy reading the funny stories and feel more connected to you guys. I'm glad the retreat went well. Everyone looks cute!