Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Busted! Connor Caught the Toothfairy



About ten minutes after I left a dollar under Connor's pillow last night, he came hobbling down the stairs. He had this sort of just woke up, angry, smiling look and he pointed his finger at me and said, "Mommy, you're the tooth fairy." I was so shocked and definately guilty I didn't say anything, because I didn't know what to say. Connor then made some statement about how his parents really lie to him, and Tyson was right this whole time.


He felt betrayed and I was caught. I hugged him for awhile. And tried to explain that we didn't really LIE to him as much as we just were playing a fun game with him. I hope he doesn't use that one on me, but I suppose I'll deserve it. Lucky for me Connor was more happy about catching me than he was angry. He agreed to stay in on the game for his little sister's sake. I was glad he's happy to play along, because this morning at scriptures he announced that the tooth fairy brought him a dollar.

1 comment:

Molly said...

Hopefully he will keep playing along for neighbor kids as well. Max lost his other front tooth on Sunday. We'll have to get another picture of them together soon!