Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Before and After--the down side of no training wheels

Breanne free of scars and bruises.
This was at Pack meeting a few weeks ago before learning to ride without training wheels. After. We're not sure yet what will happen to the front teeth that are somewhat loose.
The gums are black and teeth bloody. Her black lip appears to be growing, we'll see.

This is not the actual fall...but you get the idea.
Earlier today you could find Breanne saying,

"There's lots of fun things to do in the world, and I'm doing one of them!"

She was exuberant and joyful about the new opportunity and independence she'd found. Tonight as she bled on my shirt you could hear her whimper, "I'm never riding my bike again."

Anyone else feel like a five-year old too?

5 comments:

Hama Roska said...

I remember I taught myself to ride my bike. I rode down our driveway, walked it up the neighbor's, and coasted to our driveway again.

It must have taken days or even weeks but I didn't want anyone to help and end up like your brave Breanne all scraped and bruised. I'm a baby when it comes to pain.

LindsayAdamAmayaOlivia said...

Poor Breanne...I remember when John threw a raquetball raquet at my eye and I looked beat up like that. I secretly liked the attention though when everyone at church would say, "Oh you poor thing! What happened to your eye." There was only one lady who dampened it for me. An old lady in a wheelchair at church, "What were you doing to your brother?"

Molly said...

oh no! Did this happen after she left our house? I heard her crying, and saw her laying by her bike. Oh Jen, it looks so painful.

And yes, we are all 5 year olds at times. It's just a good thing that wounds heal. They say that you never forget to ride a bike once you've learned....but there sure are a lot of bumps and bruises that come along with it.

Welcome to life Breanne.

The Barbers said...

Oh Breanne, your poor face. Don't worry honey, once you get real good at it, you don't fall over so much! But it takes practice to stay up there and get real good. Don't try again until your sweet face is all better, but you'll get it!

Ash said...

Sorry I didn't get to talk to you the other day. I had to turn my phone off. That is sad about Breanne, but I bet she'll heal up real nice. We need to talk soon. See ya.