Sunday, April 20, 2008

Thankful

Today I'm thankful. Not just for the everyday normal blessings that I give thanks for, but for the blessings that are sometimes hard to see.

For example, today I'm grateful that pnemonia hasn't killed my husband, though I'm guessing there have been times this week when he thought it probably was and perhaps wished it had. I'm thankful that he's still alive to be my cherished companion in this game of life.

I'm thankful that Spring Break is over and my kids are going to a great school, with incredible teachers tomorrow. Can you believe they get paid pennies to be in small confined spaces with 30 kids at a time when I have to put myself in time out after spending 2 hours with the three that I birthed?

I'm thankful to teach primary to 6-year olds and to get hugs around my legs when I'm least suspecting it.

I'm thankful that I have two eyes that see perfectly, for the surgery, doctors and technology that went into making that possible. I have two arms that are strong, able to lift, manuever, hug, cook, clean and care. I have two ears to hear the singing of those same three children that I birthed, ten fingers to type and keep in contact with you on blogger, and two legs that I can run, bike, swim and injure from overuse. Yes, I'm thankful for my legs, though I now know that the term "pain in the butt" came from someone with true sciatic nerve issues.

I'm thankful for great neighbors and friends who teach me by example to love, care, and listen.

And for great family who make me laugh by sharing themselves and their funny blog posts.

Today I'm thankful!

2 comments:

Molly said...

I'm thankful for you Jen!. Thanks for being a great neighbor who is open and interested in making our neighborhood and world a better place. You're a good friend who I am valuing more and more every time we talk.

Natalie said...

What a nice post to read! It's nice to stop and think about all the little (and big) things I am thankful for....Thanks for the reminder! :)